Other People's Children

Friday, August 10, 2018

Today is one of our girl's birthday.  I have only known her four years. FOUR YEARS and yet my heart feels like it has been longer.  I never knew her when she was a child. I didn't carry her for nine months under my heart and labor for her to make her beautiful entrance into this world.  And yet....last night as I hugged her close, my heart was certain that she had always been mine.  When I kissed her forehead goodnight....I felt like a rush of memories from her childhood flooded over me....even though I was not a part of them.


   When I look around at my beautiful dear ones, I find it so mind-boggling to believe that they haven't always been ours.  Perhaps God planted these seeds in our hearts a long time ago.  I never knew that 'other people's children' would become my own children.  I ache to know what their little lives were like first-hand.  I ache to know what the first drawing they made for a special care giver looked like-how their little chubby hands gripped thick crayons.  I ache to know how they were celebrated and to make up for times they were treated like they were less than a miracle.  That is what each of these girls are to me...miracles.  It is a miracle that God brought them through so many hard things...and that He chose Brian and I to love them (even when it isnt easy and we are tired and frustrated).


  I look around at our girls and I feel like I know them like the back of my hand.  I know the stories of each scar, even if I wasn't present when it happened.  I know which faces mean they are tired and angry....and which faces mean they are open for adventure and joy.  I know when they feel truly special...and I know when I have failed at it.  Today on this birthday....I feel so overwhelmed with emotion.  All of these girls are going to leave me...every year that is the goal of our house...but I pray that they all know that they will never ever leave my heart.

3 Comments »

3 Responses to “Other People's Children”

  1. What a precious sentiment. This makes me so proud as your mom mija. Such a big heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... rush of tears ... you are such a precious momma... and Brian, such a perfect dad, for these beautiful, healing, loving girls ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Împărtășesc această mărturie cu partenerii care se luptă în relațiile lor pentru că există o soluție de durată. Soțul meu ne-a lăsat pe mine și pe cei 2 copii ai noștri pentru o altă femeie timp de 3 ani. Am încercat să fiu puternică doar pentru copiii mei, dar nu am putut controla durerea care îmi chinuia inima. Am fost rănit și confuz. Am avut nevoie de ajutor, așa că am făcut câteva cercetări pe internet și am dat peste un site web unde am văzut că Dr. Ellen, un vrăjitor, vă poate ajuta să vă recuperați iubiții. Am contactat-o ​​și a spus o rugăciune specială și vrăji pentru mine. Spre surprinderea mea, dupa 2 zile sotul meu s-a intors acasa. Așa că ne-am reunit și a fost atât de multă dragoste, bucurie și pace în familie. De asemenea, puteți lua legătura cu Dr. Ellen, un puternic asistent de soluții
    1) recâștigă-ți fostul iubit
    2) Aduceți soțul și soția împreună
    3) nu mai repeta coșmarurile
    4) Leac pe bază de plante pentru HIV și cancer
    5) Inel magic puternic
    6) farmec norocos
    7) Ruperea obsesiilor
    8) Probleme legate de naștere și sarcină. Contactați-l prin EMAIL: ellenspellcaster@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +2349074881619

    ReplyDelete