Laundry and Laughs

Friday, August 1, 2014

We have been in Moldova almost two weeks!  I cannot believe it!  In the last two weeks we have completed so many different jobs and spent so much time with the kids.  We are awake until at least midnight everynight...and while we are physically exhausted, our hearts are so full.  

God is amazing.  He reminds me of His love every day, today it was while I was hanging our laundry on the line. The linens smelled so good and it mixed with the smell of chamomile hanging in the air....and then the laughter of the girls drifted on the breeze....It was a beautiful moment.  God reminded me, I am here...and even when you have no idea what I am doing....He knows EXACTLY what He is doing,  That is good stuff y'all.  

As some of you already know, last night we had a lovely Moldovan dish called Tocanita.  It is tomatoes, onions, eggplant, and peppers.  Yummo!  It was served with these small strangely shaped white ovals which sweet sweet Moldovan friend told me they were pigeon eggs and that I should try them. Well, I am determined to at least try everything. So, with great trepidation, I did try them and my friend laughed and laughed and asked how I liked the eggs. It was mozzarella balls y'all.  These girls LOVE to play tricks:)  

We have started our visa/residency process and it seems to be going well.  We actually got to spend about an hour on US soil at the US Embassy today.  It was a lovely time.  Brian and I both passed the criminal records portion with flying colors.....although there is a Brian Jones somewhere in Mississippi who is up to now good.

As we speak, Brian is having a guys night with the boys of Simons House and I just got finished cleaning up the mess I made making milkshakes for all the girls here:) Pray for us as we hope to begin language classes soon.  We desperately want the girls to know how much we love them and respect them.  Learning the language is an important part of that for us.  Tomorrow we have cleaning and such today and then next week will be very very busy.  Please pray that we can rest some:)  We love y'all!!!

Add a comment »

Leave a Reply